The purpose of this Manual is:
- For purposes of PAIA: the detail of the procedure that a Requestor for information is to follow and the way in which a Request for Access shall be facilitated by Essential Cleaning; and
- For purposes of POPIA: detail the purpose for which personal information may be processed; a description of the categories of Data Subjects for whom Essential Cleaning Services processes personal information, as well as the categories of personal information relating to such Data Subjects; and the recipients to whom personal information may be supplied. Availability of the manual
- The Manual is available for inspection at the offices of The Essential Cleaning Services
- The Manual is available for download on The Essential Cleaning Services website: http://www.essential.co.za
- A copy is also available at the South African Human Rights Commission.
2. Key Definitions
“Anonymised Information” – means any Information that we have anonymised in a manner to result in the Information no longer being able to identify you, whether directly or indirectly, and is therefore no longer Personal Information.
“Essential Cleaning Services”, “Essential Cleaning Services” “we”, “us” and “our” – means Essential Cleaning Services, at 6 Burke Street, Observatory, Cape Town. www.essential.co.za
“Processing“, “Process” and “Processed” – means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Information, whether by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
“Pseudonymised” – means replacing the identifying markers of your Information with artificial identifiers to reduce the association between the data subject and the Information during processing.
“Purpose” – means the purposes for which we Process Information.
“Sensitive Personal Information” – means Biomarker Information and any Personal Information about race or ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, any actual or alleged criminal offences or penalties, national identification number, or any other information that may be deemed to be sensitive under Applicable Law.
“Terms of Service” – means the specific terms that apply to our relationship when we provide you with Services.
“Data Subject” Shall mean the person to whom personal information relates.
“Manual” shall mean this manual, together with all appendices hereto.
“PAIA” Shall mean Promotion of Access to Information Act, No 2 of 2000.
“POPIA” Shall mean Protection of Personal Information Act, No 4 of 2013.
“Processing” Shall ascribe to the meaning as promulgated in section 1 of POPIA.
“Record” Shall ascribe to the meaning as promulgated in section 1 of POPIA.
“Requestor” Shall ascribe to the meaning as promulgated in section 1 of PAIA.
“Request for Access” Shall ascribe to the meaning as promulgated in section 1 of PAIA.
“SAHRC” Shall mean the South African Human Rights Commission
3. Company Overview
Essential Corporate Services (Registration number) (Esscorp) is a group services management company. Under this management company, the following three (3) registered companies are both managed and supported, through this entity:
- Essential Cleaning Services (Correct Reg name and number) BBBEEE Level 2
- Funeka (Correct reg name and number) BBBEEE Level 2
- Essential Cleaning Services Overberg (Correct reg and reg number) BBBEEE Level 4
Esscorp is the group services management company for the above listed companies, it must be noted that Esscop has less than 50 staff members, however Esscorp does provide group management services and support to the above companies, by way of contractual obligation. Therefore, the PAIA manual will be submitted by Essential Corporate Services and will include all companies listed above.
4. Company Details
Directors – Peter Mead, Andrew Grimanis
General Manager of Finance and Admin – Angie Rhode
Divisional Manager of Human Resources – Nuraan Daames
General Manager of Sales and Operations – Eric van Niekerk
Divisional Manager of Sales and Operations – Natalie van Niekerk
Physical Address: 6 Burke Street, Observatory, Cape Town, 7925